Welcome

You should probably read the very first entry to grasp the point of this blog.

In a nutshell, I am an aging diabetic striving to accomplish one last grand physical endeavor before time limits my options.
My drive towards the ultra-marathon was tied to raising funds for Juvenile Diabetes Research, but it has been closed. I still encourage you to visit the JDRF web site and make a pledge --> http://www.jdrf.org/

Sunday, June 12, 2011

So long sixties

Very happy to be back from today’s ten miler, which brought my sixty mile weeks to a conclusion.  Well, at least until after the Finger Lakes Fifty anyway, but I am psyched for the reprieve, especially after today’s ordeal.
Nothing dramatic, but I didn’t start until 10AM and so I ran in steamy temperatures and to compound things my hamstring really acted up today.  Funny how it didn’t bother me much at all during yesterday’s marathon, but of course I was running a lot slower.  Actually ran today about as slow as yesterday, but only because I began quickly and aggravated the hamstring, resulting in a crawl pace after the first two miles.

Between the hamstring and the heat it was an unpleasant run, but thankfully ten miles doesn’t seem that long anymore so the pain was dispatched relatively quickly.  With tomorrow’s rest day and only four miles on the slate for Tuesday, here’s hoping the hamstring will quickly rebound.

  Back home after the last ten miles of the last sixty mile week for a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment