Welcome

You should probably read the very first entry to grasp the point of this blog.

In a nutshell, I am an aging diabetic striving to accomplish one last grand physical endeavor before time limits my options.
My drive towards the ultra-marathon was tied to raising funds for Juvenile Diabetes Research, but it has been closed. I still encourage you to visit the JDRF web site and make a pledge --> http://www.jdrf.org/

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Working it Out

Quick entry before hitting the sack.  Need to rise well before the crack of dawn to fly to Ohio through Thursday and scramble like crazy to try and square away as much office work as possible before heading for Reunion.  The timing of this run isn’t exactly convenient for my job.  It’s the end of a quarter and we’re preparing next year’s budgets --- though I’m stressing over being able to accommodate everything, this is a once-in-a-lifetime event and I’ll just have to deal with it.


Got another ten miles in at noon in deliciously cool weather – the calf still squawks a little, but I maintained a stronger pace to test the recovery and it went well.  Very soon this will all be academic and willpower becomes the key ingredient to overcome any shortfalls in physical preparation.   Hard to say whether I can keep moving for 24 to 29 hours straight through, but I better sharpen my pencils because the test begins shortly.


In precisely two weeks, with good fortune, I will be reveling with locals at the post-run celebration in St. Denis.  I sure hope I will be celebrating…

No comments:

Post a Comment