Welcome

You should probably read the very first entry to grasp the point of this blog.

In a nutshell, I am an aging diabetic striving to accomplish one last grand physical endeavor before time limits my options.
My drive towards the ultra-marathon was tied to raising funds for Juvenile Diabetes Research, but it has been closed. I still encourage you to visit the JDRF web site and make a pledge --> http://www.jdrf.org/

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Gloomy Forecast

Time to amend the prediction around how this hamstring might impact Saturday’s test.  Despite laying off Sunday, the short four mile stretch on Monday was not promising.  I was hobbling over the first mile and entertained thoughts of punting, but it did loosen up a bit and I pushed on…though that may not have been wise.

Monday evening I could barely walk, so how the heck am I supposed to run fifty miles five days from now?  Well, let’s begin by scratching the last two training runs --- only three miles on Tuesday and two miles Wednesday, so no big forfeit.  Kim made a great suggestion to schedule a massage and direct some soothing attention towards the hamstring, so that has been booked.  But still…running fifty miles is so utterly beyond my comprehension and piling on the injury, diabetes and now no friends around for support seems an ill omen.

The good news is that the race consists of three 16.5 mile loops, so call me fruity, but I suppose I can take it a loop at a time…

No comments:

Post a Comment