Welcome

You should probably read the very first entry to grasp the point of this blog.

In a nutshell, I am an aging diabetic striving to accomplish one last grand physical endeavor before time limits my options.
My drive towards the ultra-marathon was tied to raising funds for Juvenile Diabetes Research, but it has been closed. I still encourage you to visit the JDRF web site and make a pledge --> http://www.jdrf.org/

Sunday, March 27, 2011

“Easy” Ohio Week

February 17th, 2011.   Back in Ohio this week.  I’ve been fortunate the last two returns coincided with the “easy” weeks since it minimizes the amount of gear I need to pack along.  In addition, the winter weather has been trying, so the fewer runs the better.

But the February visit was a rare respite.  It was sunny and upper forties on Tuesday for my fifty minute program, which wasn’t ideal, but the best conditions here since November.  I finally got to run in Ohio with my Garmin Sports Watch, which indicated I covered 10K for the jaunt and an 8:05 pace.  I was happy with this pace as I reminded myself consistently throughout the trot that I had just logged nineteen miles two days ago.

Unlike December when I ran in the snow, there was but an icy patch or two to dodge.  The only dilemma, and a minor one at that, was side-stepping all of the downed tree limbs from a recent ice storm.  Of course there was a bit more elevation gain and loss with the Ohio runs, and that should be a plus in preparing for Le Grand Raid.  Once I get beyond the marathon there will be a quest for hills…

No comments:

Post a Comment