Welcome

You should probably read the very first entry to grasp the point of this blog.

In a nutshell, I am an aging diabetic striving to accomplish one last grand physical endeavor before time limits my options.
My drive towards the ultra-marathon was tied to raising funds for Juvenile Diabetes Research, but it has been closed. I still encourage you to visit the JDRF web site and make a pledge --> http://www.jdrf.org/

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Final Push to Finger Lakes

Psyche has successfully rebounded with a good ten mile run Sunday.  Went much better than expected after the not-so-good 24-mile effort the day earlier.  Today’s quick four miler went well, but then it always does, so fingers crossed that I turn in a good twelve mile run tomorrow when I hit the road at (yikes) 5:30AM.

I need to respect the training is quite demanding and not to pressure myself to manage a swell fund raising drive at the same time.  I’m already tense about surviving this fifty mile event in four weeks, but the good news is that there are only two weeks of intense running before the schedule winds down to rest the legs before the race.  Of course I still have two more marathons to run the next two Saturdays, but the new plan is to focus everything on these runs and not worry about the other aspects.

Should I get through that trial, there will be a week or two of recovery where I can apply myself to ways of driving contributions.  Even better, I get to start investing time in planning the trip to Reunion and I am already salivating over the chance to climb up to the rim of an active volcano.  So good times are ahead, I just need to pace myself even when I’m not running...

No comments:

Post a Comment