Welcome

You should probably read the very first entry to grasp the point of this blog.

In a nutshell, I am an aging diabetic striving to accomplish one last grand physical endeavor before time limits my options.
My drive towards the ultra-marathon was tied to raising funds for Juvenile Diabetes Research, but it has been closed. I still encourage you to visit the JDRF web site and make a pledge --> http://www.jdrf.org/

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Notes from the Road

In Dayton this week and making a real quick entry on the "shared" PC at the hotel I am at (hate to hog things, so I'll rush this...).

Completed a pair of runs with some bonus mileage thus far --> ran six miles yesterday (four scheduled) and eleven today (ten scheduled)...in my desparate attempt to prepare for the Finger lakes Fifty.  Yesterday's run was especially fun as I headed out from the hotel after work and attempted to run a bunch of circles and render an interesting "toe painting"...but since I can't download the runs from my Sports Watch I'll have to wait until I get back home to witness the graphic.

With today's run I have officially plodded a thousand miles since my training began last summer!  But what is really surprising is that in a mere six weeks of training I have already equalled the total mileage covered during the sixteen weeks I prepared for the half marathon.  I kid you not --- this fifty mile stuff is serious...

Tomorrow there are eight miles on the docket before an off day on Friday.  Then Saturday will be 24 miles but after that is my "rest week", lol --- only 38 miles the entire week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment