Welcome

You should probably read the very first entry to grasp the point of this blog.

In a nutshell, I am an aging diabetic striving to accomplish one last grand physical endeavor before time limits my options.
My drive towards the ultra-marathon was tied to raising funds for Juvenile Diabetes Research, but it has been closed. I still encourage you to visit the JDRF web site and make a pledge --> http://www.jdrf.org/

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Grounded

Yikes.  Had a marathon training run scheduled this morning which went nowhere.  My calf started howling around mile five so I re-directed back home (walking much of the way) and only logged a total of seven miles.  Guess I will have to muster all the patience in my soul to sit out and let the injury mend, but as I work on translating the course directions from French and learn how monstrous the effort will be, not being able to prepare myself is disheartening.


Realizing that attempting to run would deteriorate my ability to complete the challenge is poor salve, but logic prevails.  Getting sidelined does afford more time to work on translating the trail directions and I can also squeeze in a trip to check out some trail running shoes today.  These are glorified sneakers, with features like light weight, super traction, etc. for the unique conditions of scampering up and down mountains.


I’ve also got some leisure to savor another web site Jeff shared à Reunion 360


Check this out and play around a bit (you can use the arrows in the lower right to override the slow 360 scroll and click on points in the upper left map to move around the island).  Provides a great introduction to the environs of Reunion!

No comments:

Post a Comment