Welcome

You should probably read the very first entry to grasp the point of this blog.

In a nutshell, I am an aging diabetic striving to accomplish one last grand physical endeavor before time limits my options.
My drive towards the ultra-marathon was tied to raising funds for Juvenile Diabetes Research, but it has been closed. I still encourage you to visit the JDRF web site and make a pledge --> http://www.jdrf.org/

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Unplugged

The good news is that I ran 10K this morning and the calf didn’t feel too bad.  Previously I would keep going and cause the calf to get sore and swell up again, but exercised prudence rather than legs.  Still, I only put in 26 miles this week where I should have logged 65 miles…and in two weeks I will almost be on the island!


The bad news is that the sensor for the Continuous Glucose Monitor came out during the run.  I had asked intently whether all this activity would disqualify me from being a good candidate for the device, and was assured there would be no issues.  But I suspect the sweat and movement contributed to the sensor coming unhinged --- the adhesive had pretty much come undone yesterday and even though I attempted to use band aids to secure it before taking off this morning, it completely fell out.


So if that result was driven by only running 26 miles, one wonders what the prospects are for the trial of Reunion?  The sensor gets replaced every week and at least it made it to the last day, so I did my best to install it this evening and will ensure I don’t bump or rub it.  Perhaps it got brushed by my hydro belt during Thursday’s run, but I swear I held the belt out of harm’s way the entire time (much to my dismay).


Time to start making sure I have everything I need, because the countdown is getting serious!

No comments:

Post a Comment