Welcome

You should probably read the very first entry to grasp the point of this blog.

In a nutshell, I am an aging diabetic striving to accomplish one last grand physical endeavor before time limits my options.
My drive towards the ultra-marathon was tied to raising funds for Juvenile Diabetes Research, but it has been closed. I still encourage you to visit the JDRF web site and make a pledge --> http://www.jdrf.org/

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Cool!

Weather definitely makes a difference.  Perhaps this malaise which has gripped me lately might simply be attributed to summer, because this morning’s run was pretty sweet.  Only four miles on the program, but I want to rack some bonus up today and tomorrow (Eric heads back to Phoenix tomorrow and since it will just be me and Spencer I don’t want to get into trouble on a long run and leave her stranded at home…Kim doesn’t return from Italy until next Wednesday).  Even totally suited up with the full extra twenty-six pounds I trotted six miles this morning at a good clip.


Don’t get me wrong, I struggled at times trying to attack the wee hills, but the pain derived from focused exertion rather than a general feeling of ennui.  It was pleasantly cool and I suspect that element played into the positive feeling.  Whatever the driver, I am thankful.  Right now I’m feeling the impact of running briskly while toting the additional tonnage, but it is more refreshing than weary…fingers crossed I can hang on to that vibe!

No comments:

Post a Comment