Welcome

You should probably read the very first entry to grasp the point of this blog.

In a nutshell, I am an aging diabetic striving to accomplish one last grand physical endeavor before time limits my options.
My drive towards the ultra-marathon was tied to raising funds for Juvenile Diabetes Research, but it has been closed. I still encourage you to visit the JDRF web site and make a pledge --> http://www.jdrf.org/

Friday, April 15, 2011

Back-to-back-to-back

A whole new day has dawned for the running regimen.  Yesterday was my third consecutive day of running, and not too bad.  Stretched things out to eight miles, but since I am abandoning focus on time it isn’t so bad.  May be falling into a rut as I traced the River Road route for the third time in two weeks…but that makes for a convenient seven-or-eight mile circuit.

This had me go past the accident scene again, but in an attempt to slow things down I’m going to start packing along my camera and try to share the sights along my training runs.  This first image is a bit haunting, but an important reminder for runners and bikers that it isn’t terribly safe out there and caution is always advised.  My prayers go out to David and Trey’s family and by publishing this photograph I am hopeful of possibly erasing a similar tragedy in the future…

No comments:

Post a Comment